Manna Collagen Peptides (Hydrolysed) (Bovine)
Protein is an important part of the make-up of the body, and it is a vital nutrient for anybody looking to maintain good overall health.
The Manna Collagen is the perfect protein add-on to any diet. It helps to give your body the protein boost it needs, in a completely natural way. Since ancient times, collagen has been known to benefit human health. For centuries, people have been consuming collagen in the form of bone broth to support their joint and bone health and in more recent times, to promote skin beauty.
Manna Collagen informasie nou beskikbaar in Afrikaans!
“This is a wonderful product, within 2 weeks I could feel en see a difference in my skin and nails.”
What does Collagen do?
Collagen is the major protein in the connective tissues of the body. It holds all living tissues together and ensures the integrity, elasticity and regeneration of skin, cartilage and bones. It is the most abundant protein, representing almost 30% of all human protein content. It affects almost every part of our body that has connective tissue, including the heart, skin, lungs, muscles, hair, arteries, bones, joints, discs, cartilage, nails, blood cells, liver, and prostate.
Why do we need collagen?
Collagen production in our body peaks around the age of 20, and as we age, the body’s production of collagen metabolism slows down causing a gradual deterioration of collagen fibers in all connective tissues.
This degradation process will affect different parts of our body
As skin cells become less active, the collagen network that provides skin firmness and structure breaks down. Skin becomes dehydrated and thinner, plus lines, wrinkles and deep furrows start to appear.
“The pain in my knees, hips and shoulders have all gone. Make me realise how important it is to take collagen. Will never stop taking it. “
What is Manna Collagen Peptides?
Manna Collagen is a specific type of collagen that is pre-engineered to be easier to absorb. Instead of forcing your body to break down amino acids and then re-assemble those amino acids into collagen, Manna Collagen Peptides skips that step.
Collagen Peptides basically gives your body small, usable chain peptides and amino acids that are ready to go within your body.
This collagen supplement is made from high-grade gelatin (extracted from cattle hides). A formula might look something like this:
— 83% Protein
— 15% Water
— 2% Minerals
Why gelatin? Gelatin actually contains all the essential amino acids required by the human body (except one, tryptophan). Those amino acids include glycine, proline, hydroxyproline, glutamic acid, alanine, arginine, aspartic acid, and several others.
How does it work?
Proteins are essential nutrients for our body. They are made from long chains of amino acids. Collagen peptides are proteins that are highly bioavailable. Consumption of collagen peptides will help supply your body with amino acids needed as building blocks to renew tissues such as skin, bones and joints.
It has been proposed that collagen peptides may act as a messenger to the cells and trigger the synthesis and reorganization of new collagen fibers, therefore supporting skin tissue structure.
Health Benefits of Manna Collagen Peptides
Clinical trials showed that collagen peptides consumption effectively supports the intrinsic collagen network of deeper skin layers (1): the fragmentation of collagen in the deep layers of the skin was reduced already after 4 weeks and decreased by 31% after 12 weeks. At the same time, the density of
the collagen layer increased, providing more strength to the skin.
Collagen further increased skin moisture by 28% after 8 weeks. This restructuring of the skin is key to bringing about anti-ageing benefits and a more youthful appearance.
Collagen peptides have been proven to stimulate cartilage cells synthesis, producing increased aggrecan (chondroitin) and collagen.(6)
A clinical study showed that an intake of collagen can reduce joint discomfort and improve joint
flexibility and function.(7) The Collagen treatment resulted in a significant decrease of the WOMAC score linked to an improvement of 37% in joint pain score, 44% in stiffness score and 22% in function score. A recent in-vivo study showed that collagen uniquely combines anti-inflammatory effects with clear joint structure benefits, as it supports cartilage regeneration.(8)
Collagen peptides are bioactive proteins promoting muscle regeneration. Study showed that collagen peptides can help maintain nitrogen balance and preserve lean body mass in elderly adults.(9)
Collagen peptide supplementation in combination with resistance training has been shown to improve body composition and increase muscle strength in elderly sarcopenic men. (10)
Collagen peptides are demonstrated in scientific studies to promote bone health by stimulating bone renewal, maintaining bone mineral density and improving bone solidity and strength. (2,3,4,5)
Repetitive, high-impact movements can exert excessive stress on joints and even damage the cartilage, tendons and ligaments. Collagen peptides can support connective tissues and limit discomfort as well as the risk of any joint-related injury.(11,12)
A high protein diet containing collagen peptides just after exercise may enhance muscle anabolism, replace lost proteins, help maintain and restore the protein content of the muscles while also reducing the recovery time.
“I am on my 2nd bottle of Collagen already but could see a difference towards the end on my first bottle, I have been battling with dry cracked heals forever and have had the best of treatment with no results until I started to use Manna Bovine Collagen. I can also see a tightening around my chin area. I’m sooo happy with this product and always recommend it to people who ask or notice the difference in my appearance. Manna Bovine Collagen, definitely a thumbs up from me!”
“Bring over 60 years, woman of my age should use extra help to provide the nessesary Collagen that we lose, I personally love this product and use it with my manna shake.”
Is Manna Collagen Safe to Use?
Collagen peptides are a pure and bioactive protein, derived from a 100% natural source and free from any side-effects.
If you have a medical condition or are pregnant, please consult your medical doctors or healthcare professionals.
Manna Collagen Peptides is a nutritional supplement and not a medicine
Can I use it with my current medication?
This product is safe to use with any other medication. When using Warfarin, or any other blood thinning medication, please take this product 2 hours before or 2 hours after the medication.
What is the source of collagen peptides?
Collagen has a long history of use in foods, mainly in the form of gelatin found in gummies and of the desserts. Collagen is also naturally present in high amounts in some cooked foods, e.g. bone broth and in the skin of fish and chicken. Collagen peptides are extracted from high-quality raw materials, are purified and dried to produce a pure protein powder.
How much time is needed to see the first results?
Most studies showed positive health effects on skin and joints within 1-3 months of daily intake. However, it is vital to keep up a regimen of daily collagen intake to ensure efficient metabolism and optimal effects.
Can collagen peptides simultaneously support multiple health benefits?
Absolutely, collagen peptides are backed by published scientific evidence for their benefits on skin beauty and joint health. Further indications from preclinical models suggest that collagen helps to maintain healthy bones. Thus, collagen is a holistic solution to maintain the health of musculoskeletal system and also support skin beauty.
“I got this for the aunty I live with. She struggles with knee pain. When she stopped using it she could feel the pain coming back. She started to use it again and already feel a difference since using it for a week.”
“Great product and a great price! The product has helped me to get rid of the pain in my hips.”
- Asserin, J. et al., 2015, The effect of oral collagen peptide supplementation on skin moisture and the dermal collagen network: evidence from an ex vivo model and randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trials. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 14:291-301. doi: 10.1111/jocd.12174
- Guillerminet, F. et al., 2010, Hydrolyzed collagen improves bone metabolism and biomechanical parameters in ovariectomized mice: An in vitro and in vivo study. Bone, 46:827-834
- Guillerminet, F. et al., 2012, Hydrolyzed collagen improves bone status and prevents bone loss in ovariectomized C3H/HeN mice. Osteoporosis International, 23(7):1909-1919
- Daneault, A. et al., 2014, Hydrolyzed collagen contributes to osteoblast differentiation in vitro and subsequent bone health in vivo. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 22:S131
- Daneault, A. et al., 2015, Biological effect of hydrolysed collagen on bone metabolism. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 10:1040-8398
- Rousselot unpublished data, 2011
- Jiang, J.X. et al., 2014, Collagen peptides improve knee osteoarthritis in elderly women: A 6-month randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Agro Food Industry Hi Tech, 25: 19-23
- Dar, Q.A. et al., 2016, Oral hydrolyzed type 1 collagen induces chondroregeneration and inhibits synovial inflammation in murine posttraumatic osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 24:S532–S533
- Hays, N.P. et al., 2009, Effects of whey and fortified collagen hydrolysate protein supplements on nitrogen balance and body composition in older women. Journal of the American Dietetic Association, 109:1082-1087
- Zdzieblik, D. et al., 2015, Collagen peptide supplementation in combination with resistance training improves body composition and increases muscle strength in elderly sarcopenic men: a randomized controlled trial. British Journal of Nutrition, 114 (8):1237-1245
- Shaw, G. et al., 2016, Vitamin C-enriched gelatin supplementation before intermittent activity augments collagen synthesis. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, doi:10.3945/ajcn.116.138594
- Baar, K. 2015, Training and nutrition to prevent soft tissue injuries and accelerate return to play. Sports Science Exchange, 28(142):1-6
- 13. Veldhorst, M.A. et al., 2009, A breakfast with alpha-lactalbumin, gelatin, or gelatin TRP lowers energy intake at lunch compared with a breakfast with casein, soy, whey, or whey-GMP. Clinical Nutrition, 28(2):147-15