Ingredients (6 servings):
- 10 sprigs fresh rosemary
- ±1.8kg leg of lamb
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bulbs garlic, halved crossways
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
For the fresh mint sauce:
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves, firmly packed, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
- Place rosemary in a large roasting pan. Place lamb on rosemary. Rub oil all over lamb. Season well with salt and pepper. Place garlic on tray.
- Roast for 1 hour 15 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer lamb and garlic to a board. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Strain juices from roasting pan into a jug.
- Meanwhile, skim fat from pan juices, transferring 1 tablespoon of fat to a saucepan. Discard remaining fat. Heat pan over high heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbling and golden.
- Gradually stir in stock and reserved pan juices. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Make Fresh Mint Sauce: Combine mint, garlic, oil, vinegar and sugar in a bowl. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Slice lamb.
- Serve with caramelised garlic, gravy, mint sauce and roasted vegetable salad.