“I’ve forgotten what it’s like to have a normal sleeping pattern.”
If this is you, Sandman is the answer to a devastating problem, but without the side effects of chemical medication.
What is it?
The following 2 ingredients work in tandem to help you achieve a good night’s sleep without dreadful side effects.
- Sceletium tortuosum phyto-extract – 15mg per capsule. Sceletium tortuosum (“Kanna”) can help address symptoms of depression, stress & their energy-robbing effects on the body, as well as to calm mental hyperactivity. The calming effect that is achieved by using the plant can help to improve a normal sleeping pattern.
- Mannitol – 35mg. Mannitol is a beneficial derived sugar that works on a micro-cellular level, transporting valuable nutrients and other chemicals directly into each cell especially the brain. Mannitol can open the barrier by temporarily shrinking the endothelial cells and stretching the tight connections between them. Mannitol does not lead to elevated levels of blood sugar, as glucose may, and is used extensively in the food industry as a sweetener for patients with diabetes.
Benefits of Sandman dietary supplement
- Helps to make you calm and relaxed.
- Helps with the management of stress and depression.
- May assist in the treatment of hyperactivity of the brain.
- Helps relieve anxiety and tension.
- Mood enhancing properties.
- Assists with mental fatigue.
- Helps to improve normal sleeping patterns.
- Sandman does not contain sugar, gluten, wheat or animal products.
- It is suitable for diabetics and vegetarians.
- All Natural.
How to take it
1 Capsule with water in 30 minutes before going to bed.
Who can take it?
Suitable for any person older than 16 years of age.
Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients.
Warning and Special Precautions
- Concurrent use with any psychiatric medication, including mood stabilizers, antidepressants and anti-anxiety medication should be discussed with registered healthcare professionals.
- Not to be taken in conjunction with Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI’s).
- Safety during pregnancy and lactation has not been established. Do not use during pregnancy.
Known Symptoms of overdosage and Particulars of its Treatment
- These may include extreme euphoria, dizziness, tinnitus, sweating, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, anxiety and mental confusion followed by sedation.
- Over-dosage or prolonged use should not give rise to any toxic effects. However, should any severe symptoms occur following overdosage, consult your doctor or nearest hospital immediately Treatment is supportive and symptomatic.
No known drug interactions have been documented.
Side-Effects and Special Precautions
In rare cases transient mild headache, abdominal discomfort or nausea may occur. Should any adverse reactions occur, discontinue use immediately.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Acute Effects of Sceletium tortuosum (Zembrin), a Dual 5-HT Reuptake and PDE4 Inhibitor, in the Human Amygdala and its Connection to the Hypothalamus – Neuropsychopharmacology. 2013 Dec; 38(13): 2708?2716
- The blood-brain barrier in brain homeostasis and neurological diseases – Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)? Biomembranes Volume 1788, Issue 4, April 2009, Pages 842-857