Total Time: 20 minutes
Calories Per Serving: 179
- 450 g shredded cabbage -roughly 6-7 cups (see notes)
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 16 grams cilantro, chopped (or sub Italian Parsley)
Asian Slaw Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1–3 teaspoons toasted sesame oil (start conservatively and add more to taste at the end)
- 60 ml rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey (or substitute with maple syrup or agave)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced (use a garlic press if available)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes or chilli paste (optional)
- Toasted sesame seeds
- roasted, crushed peanuts or cashews
- Toss slaw ingredients together in a large bowl. Add cilantro and scallions.
- Whisk Asian Slaw Dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing into slaw and toss well. Taste, adjust salt, honey and sesame oil to taste.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and/ or nuts.
- Feel free to Substitute shredded carrots, bell peppers, snow peas, broccoli slaw, and shredded Brussels sprouts, for part of the cabbage.
- Salad will keep up to 3-4 days in the fridge.
- Rice wine vinegar is milder than most other vinegar and less acidic, and can be found in the Asian food section in your local supermarket. If you can’t find rice wine vinegar, you can substitute it with white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar.