Total Time: 30 minutes
Calories Per Serving: 327
- 2 large, skinless chicken breasts, halved through the middle
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 75g breadcrumb
- 75g parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- half a 690ml jar passata / tomato purée
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- half a 125g ball mozzarella, torn
- Halve 2 large skinless chicken breasts through the middle then place the 4 pieces between cling film sheets and bash out with a rolling pin until they are the thickness of a R5 coin.
- Dip in 2 beaten eggs, then 75g breadcrumbs, mixed with half of the 75g grated parmesan. Set aside on a plate in the fridge while you make the sauce.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil and cook 2 crushed garlic cloves for 1 min, then tip in half a 690ml jar passata, 1 tsp caster sugar and 1 tsp dried oregano. Season and simmer for 5-10 mins.
- Heat grill to High and cook the chicken for 5 mins each side, then remove.
- Pour the tomato sauce into a shallow ovenproof dish and top with the chicken.
- Scatter over torn pieces of half a 125g ball mozzarella, and the remaining grated parmesan and grill for 3-4 mins until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling.
- Serve with vegetables or salad and some pasta or potatoes, if you like.