Ingredients (serves 6 – about ¾ per serving):
- 1.5 kg cauliflower, preferably baby, cut into ±20mm slices
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup brine-cured pitted olives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 220°C with racks in upper and lower thirds. Line 2 large (4-sided) baking pans with foil.
- Arrange cauliflower on baking pans and drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil, salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast, switching position of pans after 15 minutes, until golden in spots and just tender (30 minutes total).
- While cauliflower roasts, mince and mash garlic to a paste and place in a small bowl; whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons oil, olives, lemon zest and juice, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Arrange cauliflower on a platter and drizzle with vinaigrette.