Ingredients (Make 8 cups):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (about 500g) zucchini (baby marrow), halved lengthways, cut crossways into 2cm-thick slices
- 2 red capsicums (bell pepper), halved, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large (about 500g) eggplant, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, halved, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 125ml (½ cup) water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the zucchini, capsicum, eggplant, onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add the tomato and water to the pan and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper.