Warm up the rice while you’re cooking the vegetables, and this dish will be ready in less than 20 minutes.
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (500g) package frozen peas and carrots
- 1 (500g) package frozen mix greens
- 1 (500g) package Brown Rice, prepared according to package directions
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
(option 2: Use 1Kg of frozen mixed greens instead of the 2 different versions above)
- In a large, deep skillet, heat 1/2 cup water to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in peas and carrots and other greens. Cover and cook over medium heat until heated through, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon vegetables over warmed brown rice and garnish with feta cheese.
Nutrition Per serving:
- 200 calories (20 from fat)
- 2g total fat
- 1g saturated fat
- 5mg cholesterol
- 210mg sodium
- 35g total carbohydrate (7g dietary fiber, 4g sugar)
- 7g protein