Let your belly dance to the fresh flavors of the Middle East for an easy and nutritious dinner party at home.
Ingredients (serves 8):
- 1/3 cup (cracked wheat)
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves (see note)
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint leaves (see note)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place cracked wheat, tomato and lemon juice in a bowl. Stand, covered, for 30 minutes or until wheat has softened.
- Add parsley, mint, onion and oil to wheat mixture. Stir to combine.
Tip: Tabouli is best made as close to serving time as possible. You will need 2 large bunches parsley and 1 bunch mint. You can find cracked wheat in the health food section of the supermarket.