Pack in an impressive 3 of your 5 a day with this spicy vegetarian lentil dish filled with roast butternut squash, peppers and onions.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 small-medium butternut squash (about 950g)
- 1 red onion, halved and thickly sliced
- 3 peppers (a mix of red, orange and yellow from a pack), deseeded and cut into 1cm or ½ in-wide strips
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp curry paste
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, drained and rinsed
- 150ml hot vegetable stock
- large handful coriander, chopped
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas
- Using a sharp knife, peel the butternut squash. Cut it in half lengthways, scoop out the seeds, then cut into 1cm-thick slices widthways across the squash.
- Put the squash slices in a large roasting tin with the onion, peppers and garlic.
- Mix the oil with the curry paste and drizzle over the vegetables. Toss well to coat in the curry mix and season.
- Roast for 30 mins until the vegetables are beginning to soften.
- Add the lentils and stock to the roasting tin and mix. Return to the oven for a further 5-10 mins until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the coriander and serve straight away.