Adding oven-roasted tomatoes to a salad, pasta or pizza will add a touch of gourmet to the dish.
- 12 ripe medium egg tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Line 2 trays with non-stick baking paper. Place 2 wire racks over the trays. Preheat the oven to 100°C.
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthways and place, cut-side up, on the racks.
- Brush the cut side of the tomatoes with the oil.
- Sprinkle tomatoes evenly with sea salt and oregano. Bake in preheated oven, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 4-4½ hours or until the tomatoes start to shrivel around the edges and are about half the original size. (Cooking time will vary slightly depending on the size of the tomatoes.)
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven and set aside on the racks to cool.
- Store in an airtight container, in single layers between sheets of non-stick baking paper, in the fridge.