These stuffed tomatoes make a great starter, but you could also serve them as an accompaniment to meat dishes.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 60g feta, crumbled
- ½ cup (80g) olives, pitted, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with foil.
- Cut the tomatoes from the vine, leaving some of the stem still attached. Wash, and cut the top section of the tomatoes horizontally, removing tops in one piece. Use a small teaspoon to scoop out the seeds and core.
- Combine the feta, olives and basil. Spoon into the bases of the tomatoes.
- Replace the tomato tops and put on the tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.