This tasty bean dish is just right for a lazy weekend breakfast or brunch.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) passata (tomato pasta sauce)
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 1 tbs golden syrup
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 400g can white beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 tbs chopped fresh continental parsley
- Cook the onion: Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add the flavorings: Add passata, water, golden syrup and paprika to the pan and stir until well combined.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Stir in the beans: Add beans, rinsed, drained. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until the beans are heated through.
- Stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper.