Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 cup dried chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 600g butternut pumpkin, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 sprigs fresh lemon thyme
- 1½ cups Vegetable stock
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 100g baby spinach
- Place chickpeas in a bowl. Cover with cold water. Stand overnight in a cool place. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Place chickpeas in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until tender. Drain. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Add onion and pumpkin. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic and thyme. Stir to combine.
- Add chickpeas, stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil.
- Place in oven. Roast for 30 minutes or until pumpkin and chickpeas are tender. Remove from oven.
- Stir in spinach.