Ingredients (serve 4):
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 8 (about 600g) large Portobello mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 90g baby spinach leaves
- 300g provolone or mozzarella, cut into 16 slices
- ½ loaf olive bread, thickly sliced, chargrilled
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, garlic and chopped thyme in a small bowl. Season.
- Brush the mushrooms with a little of the oil mixture. Place on a lined baking tray, cut-side up.
- Divide the spinach among the mushrooms. Top with a little of the oil mixture.
- Top each mushroom with 2 slices of provolone. Top with remaining oil mixture.
- Bake the mushrooms for 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden and melted and the mushrooms are tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Serve with bread.