Ingredients (6 servings):
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 6 thick slices crusty bread (made from day-old bread), cut into 2cm pieces
- 6 (about 600g) tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Pinch of caster sugar
- 200g fresh mozzarella, torn into 2cm pieces
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Whisk together the garlic and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large bowl. Add the bread and toss until well combined.
- Put bread pieces on oven rack with tray and put in oven for 1 minute each side or until lightly charred and toasted.
- Place the tomato, vinegar, sugar and remaining oil in a large serving bowl and mix until combined.
- Add the croutons, mozzarella and basil leaves, and gently toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.