- 1.5kg (about 2 large) sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into large pieces
- 80ml (1/3 cup) buttermilk
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- Cook sweet potato in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Place on a tray in a single layer to cool. When cool enough to handle, cut into 2cm pieces. Place in a large serving bowl and set aside.
- Whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise, mustard and garlic in a jug.
- Pour over sweet potato. Add three-quarters of the parsley and shallot. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle remaining shallot and parsley over salad to serve.