Ingredients (4 servings):
- ½ small cauliflowers, cut into florets
- 2 medium zucchini (baby marrow), thickly sliced
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into 5cm lengths
- 150g snow peas, trimmed
- 25g butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1¼ cups milk
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 210°C/190°C fan-forced.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat. Cook cauliflower for 4 minutes or until just tender, adding zucchini and broccolini after 1 minute and snow peas after 2 minutes of cooking time.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Arrange vegetables in a 6 cup-capacity ovenproof dish.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until mixture is bubbling.
- Remove from heat. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Return to heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cheddar. Season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over vegetables.
- Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 15 minutes or until top is golden. Stand for 2 minutes.