Spice up Thursday night with quick, easy & delicious spicy bean fajitas. No wonder taste members love them!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum), chopped
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 190g jar sundried-tomato pesto
- 2 x 400g cans red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 425g can chopped tomatoes
Warmed flour tortillas, guacamole, butter lettuce, sour cream, coriander leaves and grated cheddar, to serve
- In a large, heavy-based saucepan, heat the oil over low heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic, capsicum and chilli and cook, stirring, for a further minute.
- Add cumin, pesto, beans and tomatoes. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes until slightly reduced, stirring occasionally. Season.
- Serve with tortillas for wrapping, with guacamole, butter lettuce leaves, sour cream, coriander and grated cheese.