Ingredients (serves 6):
- 60ml hazelnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 500g mixed mushrooms
- 20ml white wine vinegar
- 2ml sea salt
- 80mlolive oil
- Black pepper
- Selection of lettuce leaves
- Toast the nuts in a 200°C oven and rub off the skins.
- Cool the nuts and chop roughly.
- Rub the sides of the salad bowl with the garlic clove.
- Preheat the oven grill.
- Thread the mushrooms on kebab skewers and place on a baking sheet.
- Make a dressing by blending together the vinegar, salt, and olive oil and season with pepper.
- Brush the mushrooms with the dressing and grill until done.
- Alternatively, cook them over hot braai coals.
- Remove the mushrooms from the skewers and slice.
- Place in the salad bowl along with the lettuce leaves and moisten with the remaining dressing and sprinkle with the nuts.