Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 x 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, and drained
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of caster sugar
- Olive oil spray
- 4 large flat mushrooms, trimmed
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed, halved crossways
- 1 large char grilled red (green pepper), cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
- 125g (1/2 cup) low-fat ricotta
- Balsamic vinegar, extra, to serve
- Combine the lentils, onion, vinegar and sugar in a large bowl.
- Preheat a chargrill on high. Spray with olive oil spray to lightly grease. Cook the mushrooms on grill for 3 minutes each side or until lightly charred and tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Cook the asparagus on grill for 1-2 minutes each side or until lightly charred and tender crisp.
- Add the asparagus, capsicum and parsley to the lentil mixture and toss to combine. Season with pepper.
- Halve the mushrooms. Break the ricotta into coarse pieces.
- Divide the lentil mixture among serving bowls. Top with the mushroom.
- Drizzle over a little extra vinegar. Top with the ricotta.
- Season with pepper to serve.
If you don’t have a chargrill, use a large heavy-based frying pan in step 2.
Char grilled Green Pepper:
- To make your own char grilled green pepper, preheat grill on high.
- Halve and deseed green pepper. Cook under grill for 10 minutes or until charred and blistered.
- Transfer to a sealable plastic bag. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Peel and discard the skin.