Ingredients (6 servings):
- 2 X 400g cans brown lentils
- 300g (about 3) tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 red onion, quartered, thinly sliced
For the dressing:
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 60ml (¼ cup) fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place the lentils in a sieve and rinse well under cold running water. Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley and onion to the lentils. Toss to combine.
- To make the dressing, place the oil, lemon juice, garlic, lemon rind and cumin in a small bowl, and whisk to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.