Ingredients (6 servings):
- 6 medium beetroot, trimmed
- 1 mini red cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
- Wash and scrub beetroot. Pat dry with paper towel. Wrap each beetroot in foil. Place in a roasting pan. Roast for 50 minutes or until just tender.
- Stand for 10 minutes or until beetroot is cool enough to handle.
- Remove and discard foil. Wearing rubber gloves to prevent staining your hands, cut beetroot in half. Peel beetroot.
- Return to pan. Add cabbage, garlic, bay leaves and thyme. Sprinkle with fennel. Drizzle with oil. Season.
- Increase heat to 200C/180C fan-forced.
- Roast for 15 minutes or until cabbage is tender and just starting to char.