Ingredients (4 servings):
- 4 large carrots
- 4 beetroot (300g each), washed, trimmed, peeled
- ¼ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
For the fennel dressing:
- 1½ teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Make Fennel dressing: Place fennel seeds in a mortar. Pound with a pestle until crushed. Whisk mustard, crushed fennel seeds, vinegar and oil together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using the grater attachment on a food processor, coarsely grate carrot. Transfer to a bowl.
- Continue process with beetroot, placing in a separate bowl to the carrot.
- Add pecans, sultanas and parsley to carrot.
- Pour over dressing. Toss until well combined.
- Add beetroot. Gently toss to combine.