Ingredients (4 servings):
- 400g zucchini, trimmed
- 250g yellow squash, halved (quartered if large)
- 50g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 1 lemon, zested
- Fresh mixed herbs, to serve
For the mint pesto:
- 20g fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbs chopped fresh chives
- ¼ tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1½ tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp hot water
- To make the mint pesto, process the mint, chives, and chilli flakes in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice and water. Process until a thick paste forms, adding a little extra water if necessary. Season with pepper.
- Use a vegetable peeler or mandolin to cut the zucchini into thin ribbons and the squash into thin slices.
- Spread the mint pesto over the base of a large serving plate.
- Pile the zucchini and squash mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with goat’s cheese, lemon zest and fresh mixed herbs.