Ingredients (4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 fresh mozzarella balls, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Heat half the oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the capers and cook, tossing, for 2-3 minutes or until crisp.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Place the remaining oil and vinegar in a small jug and whisk until well combined.
- Arrange the tomato, mozzarella, onion and basil on a serving platter.
- Drizzle with balsamic dressing and sprinkle with capers.
- Serve immediately.