The addition of sugar and spice brings out the natural sweetness of these truss tomatoes, transforming them into a glorious summer side.
Ingredients (serves 8):
- 1 x 500g pkt tomatoes
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp mild paprika
- 125ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 125ml (1/2 cup) lemon juice
- 180g feta, drained, crumbled
- Slice the tomatoes crossways. Arrange the tomato slices, slightly overlapping, on a large serving plate.
- Combine the onion, sugar, salt and paprika in a bowl.
- Add the oil and lemon juice and stir until well combined. Set aside for 25 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Pour the onion mixture evenly over the tomato. Season with salt and pepper and scatter over the feta.
- Serve immediately.