Ingredients (4 servings):
- 3 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1½ cups brown Rice
- 425g can tuna in water, drained, flaked
- 1½ cups grated tasty cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- Place stock and 2 cups cold water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes or until stock starts to simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a 16 cup-capacity (4 litre) flameproof, ovenproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and sweet potato. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until rice is coated.
- Add stock mixture. Bring to the boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid or foil. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until rice is just tender.
- Gently stir rice with a fork to separate grains.
- Stir in tuna and half the cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with remaining cheese and chives.