A zesty coleslaw made with red cabbage. Allow 3 hours marinating time for the flavours to mature.
Ingredients (6 servings):
- ½ small red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (75g) raisins
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar (optional)
- ¼ cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup (35g) walnuts, toasted, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Combine cabbage, onion, raisins, sugar, vinegar and oil in a bowl. Cover and chill for 3 hours to marinate.
- When ready to serve, add walnuts and parsley.
- Season and toss to combine.