Looking for interesting, healthy ways to increase your veggie intake?
Do it Indian style with this bright and spicy meal. Fresh veggies and assorted spices give this low-GI curry loads of flavor.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 500g lamb leg steaks, cubed
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- ¼ cup curry paste
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 500g cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- 150g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 100g baby spinach
- Steamed basmati rice, fresh coriander leaves and plain yogurt, to serve
- Heat oil in heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add lamb and onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until lamb is browned.
- Add curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add tomato and stock to pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until lamb is tender.
- Stir in beans. Cook for 5 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Stir in spinach.
- Serve with rice, coriander and yoghurt.