Ingredients (8 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5kg diced lamb
- 2 medium brown onions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 500g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 250g cauliflower florets
- Heat half the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook lamb, in batches, stirring, for 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in stock and tomatoes. Return lamb and any juices to pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Add sweet potato. Cook for 10 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add cauliflower. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender.