Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 cup brown rice
- 300g green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 eggs
- 1 bunch chives, snipped
- 55g roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer eggs to a bowl of cold water to cool. Peel and halve.
- Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions, adding the beans and peas in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- To make the dressing, whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, and 1 teaspoon water in a bowl.
- Combine the rice, beans, peas, chives and almonds in a large bowl.
- Drizzle over the dressing and top with eggs.