Grab a few ingredients for this delicious baked fish dish – ready in around half an hour!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp dried chili flakes
- 4 x ±150g fish cutlets, such as hake or any line fish
- 2½ tbs olive oil, plus extra, to drizzle
- 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- 400g can cherry or diced tomatoes
- 400g can butter beans
- 55g (1/3 cup) pitted Kalamata olives
- 300g frozen broad beans
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Finely chop fennel seeds and combine with paprika and chili.
- Rub fish with 1 tbs oil, then dust in spice mixture.
- Halve lemon, thinly sliced. Peel, then thinly slice garlic.
- Heat remaining 1½ tbsp. oil in a large, ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add fish and cook for 1½ minutes each side or until browned but not quite cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Add garlic to pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add lemon and cook, turning, for 1 minute or until it starts to caramelize. Add tomatoes.
- Drain and rinse butter beans, add to pan with olives. Bring to a simmer, place fish on top, transfer pan to oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour boiling water over broad beans and stand for 1 minute. Drain, squeeze beans from skins.
- Remove pan from oven, gently stir in beans, then bake for a further 5 minutes or until fish is just cooked.
- Divide among plates and drizzle with a little extra oil.