Ingredients (serve 4):
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium zucchini (baby marrow), roughly chopped
- 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 8 eggs
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes cut into wedges
- 100g (about 20) Kalamata olives
- Heat 40ml (2 tablespoons) of the olive oil in a medium (base measurement 25cm in diameter) frying pan over low heat. Add the garlic, onion and zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
- Stir in the basil.
- Preheat grill on medium.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the eggs over the vegetables in the frying pan, stir gently and cook, without stirring, over low heat for 16-18 minutes or until the frittata is almost set but the top is still runny
- Place the frying pan under the preheated grill for 3-4 minutes or until the frittata is set and the top is lightly browned.
- Loosen the frittata with a spatula and slide onto a chopping board.
- Place the tomatoes, olives and remaining olive oil in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
- Slice the frittata and serve with the tomato and olive salad.