Warm and hearty, this chicken salad is perfect for when the weather starts to get cooler.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 x Basic roast chicken ingredients
- 800g butternut pumpkin, deseeded, cut into 8cm x 2cm-thick triangles
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 175g baby beans, topped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 125g semi-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Roast chicken first till done.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin onto tray. Spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, turning once, or until tender. Set aside.
- Cook beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Combine oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper in a jar. Shake until combined.
- Cut chicken into 8 pieces.
- Arrange pumpkin, beans, chicken, tomatoes and olives on plates. Drizzle with oil mixture.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Season.