Ingredients (4 servings):
- 8 eggs, separated
- ½ cup fresh mixed herbs, chopped (parsley, chives, chervil, tarragon)
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 15g butter, chopped
- Fresh onion sprigs, extra, to serve
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks with herbs, cheese and onions.
- In a clean bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold lightly into egg yoke mixture.
- Heat a knob of butter in a 20cm frying pan on high, swirling to cover base. Add ¼ of the omelette mixture to pan and cook for 2-3 mins until beginning to set.
- Place under a hot grill to finish cooking.
- Fold omelette over and slide onto serving plate.
- Serve topped with onion sprigs.
- Repeat with remaining mixture and butter.