Ingredients (makes 24):
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup semi-dried tomatoes, chopped (Ina Paarman)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup pure cream
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan-forced.
- Grease two 12-hole, 1½ tablespoon-capacity round-based patty pans.
- Combine asparagus, tomato and onion in a bowl. Spoon evenly into holes of prepared pan.
- Whisk eggs, cream, cheese and garlic together in a jug. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in pesto. Pour over asparagus mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden and set.