Ingredients (Serves 1):
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 20g unsalted butter
- Lightly beat eggs with a small whisk or fork to just combine. Season. Stir in chives.
- Heat butter in a 20cm non-stick frypan over medium-high heat.
- When it starts to foam, add egg and shake pan to distribute, gently stirring with the underside of a fork.
- As egg begins to cook at the edges, use the fork to draw cooked egg in towards the centre (without breaking up), allowing the uncooked egg to run out towards the edge.
- After 30 seconds, the egg should be just set but still soft. (You want a soft, creamy centre without too much liquid – it will keep cooking once it’s removed from the heat.)
- Add fillings down the centre of the pan, then use the fork or a spatula to fold one side of the omelette over the filling.
- Hold a warmed plate next to pan, then tilt pan at an angle and slide omelette onto the plate fold-side down.
- Dust with parmesan if using and serve immediately.