Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon, finely grated rind and juice
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Salt & pepper
- In a medium bowl combine the garlic, parsley, lemon rind, 3/4 juice of 1 lemon and olive oil. (Alternatively, the marinade can be made by pulsing ingredients together in a food processor until just combined).
- Score the drumsticks by making 2 slits about 2 cm apart on both sides of the drumstick with a sharp knife. Place the drumsticks in a large bowl and pour half of the parsley mixture over the chicken, reserve other half of the marinade. Mix well then cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat a barbecue grill to medium high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook the drumsticks on the hot grill for 15-20 mins until the chicken is cooked through to the bone, or an internal temperature of 75°C.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the tomatoes, avocado, 1/4 juice of lemon and olive oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the tomato and avocado salad onto the centre of 4 serving plates and place 2 chicken drumsticks next to the salad on each plate.
- Drizzle the reserved parsley sauce over and around the chicken and serve.