Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 broccoli heads, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 shallots, finely sliced
- Handful pitted black olives
- 4 roast chicken breasts, sliced
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- Steam the broccoli for 4 mins until just tender, tip into a large bowl, then season.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan, then fry the shallots for 2 mins.
- Add the chillies and garlic, then cook for a further 4 mins until softened.
- Remove the shallots, chilli and garlic with a slotted spoon, then mix with the broccoli, olives and chicken.
- Add the soy sauce to the pan, warm over a medium heat, then pour over the salad. Eat warm or cold.
If you want to make this salad more substantial, add a pack of egg noodles, cooked according to pack instructions, then cooled under running water.