Ingredients ( 8 servings):
- 1.2kg chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 small lemon, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup (180g) pitted kalamata olives
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in batches, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Remove to a plate.
- Add onion and garlic to saucepan. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until just soft.
- Return chicken to saucepan. Add tomatoes, lemon, sugar and oregano. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickened.
- Stir in olives. Season with salt and pepper.