The chicken needs only 15 minutes in the citrusy marinade to get its tangy flavor.
Roast the tomatoes while the chicken marinates so that everything will be ready right when you take the chicken off the grill.
Ingredients (serves 4):
Fot the chicken:
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 750 gram)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
For the tomatoes:
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare chicken, combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-lock plastic bag.
- Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes, turning the bag occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill on each side or until done.
- To prepare tomatoes, combine tomatoes and 2 teaspoons oil in an 20cm square baking dish; toss gently.
- Bake at 220°C for 18 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.
- Combine tomato mixture, parsley, and remaining ingredients, stirring gently.
- Serve with chicken.