Kick the week off in a healthy way with this low-fat, spicy chicken dish for dinner.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 single chicken breast fillets
- 2 tsp piri-piri seasoning
- Olive oil spray
- ¼ cup (70g) reduced fat natural yogurt, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils or chickpeas, low sodium, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup (45g) currants or pitted raisins
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup shredded fresh mint
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the piri piri seasoning. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil. Heat over a medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 6 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Whisk the yogurt and lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth.
- Place the lentils, currants (raisins), parsley and mint in a large bowl.
- Stir in the yogurt dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the chicken into thick slices and serve on the lentil salad with lemon wedges and some extra yogurt.