Who said watching your waistline means boring food? These colorful chicken skewers are low-fat and taste sensational.
You’ll need 8 skewers for this recipe.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 long red chillies, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 600g chicken breasts, halved lengthways
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 240g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- ¾ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Soak skewers in a shallow dish of cold water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Process 1½ tablespoons oil, chillies and garlic in a food processor.
- Pour into a glass bowl. Add chicken. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour, if time permits. Thread onto skewers.
- Combine tomatoes, beans, parsley and onion.
- Whisk together remaining 2 teaspoons of oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture. Toss.
- Preheat a barbecue grill on high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium. Spray asparagus with oil. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, turning, or until tender. Transfer to a plate. Cover.
- Cook skewers for 5 minutes, turning.
- Arrange bean salad on serving plates. Top with asparagus and skewers.