This recipe is one of those classic meals perfect for a quiet family dinner.
- 500g Tomatoes, whole, peeled, canned
- 1 cup chicken broth (chicken stock)
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper , coarsely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves , minced
- 2 medium zucchini , coarsely chopped (or 6 marrow squash, sliced)
- 1 pinch black pepper , freshly ground, to taste (optional)
- 1 pinch salt , to taste (optional)
- 2 tsp fresh basil , minced
- 600g boneless skinless chicken breasts , cooked and cubed into 2 inch sized pieces
- Drain liquid from canned tomatoes into a pot. Chop tomatoes and set aside.
- Add the broth, green pepper, and garlic to pot with tomato liquid and boil at a medium heat for 10 minutes
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, zucchini (or marrow squash), pepper, salt, and basil.
- Let the ingredients sit until the zucchini is tender (should take about 10 minutes).
- Turn the heat down to low and add in the chicken. Cook for another 5 minutes and serve.