Skewers are a barbecue favorite, so tuck into these chicken and mint delights.
- 2 limes
- 2 long fresh green chilies, halved, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60ml (1/4 cup) light olive oil
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 800g chicken fillets, cut into ±2cm pieces
- 1-2 tbs water
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Finely grate the rind of the limes. Juice the limes. Place the lime rind, lime juice, chili garlic, oil, coriander and chopped mint in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken and stir to coat.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers. Brush with marinade.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or char-grill on high. BBQ the skewers for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Place the skewers on a serving plate. Top with mint leaves.
- Serve with lime wedges.