Cut the cost of a chicken dinner with thighs and be rewarded by juicy meat and crispy skin in this dish with asparagus, baby marrows, peas and feta.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 8 chicken thighs, on the bone, skin on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and cut into wedges
- 4 shallots, thickly sliced
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- Small pack tarragon
- 450g asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 baby marrows, thickly sliced on the diagonal
- 250g peas (preferably fresh, not frozen)
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas
- Put the chicken thighs in a large shallow roasting tin, season and toss with the olive oil, lemon zest and wedges, shallots, rosemary and tarragon.
- Arrange the chicken thighs, skin-side up, and roast for 40-50 min. until the skin is crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the asparagus for 3 min. or until tender, adding the baby marrow and peas for the final minute.
- Drain the vegetables and toss in with the chicken, coating well with the cooking juices.
- Crumble over the feta and serve.