- ±2 kg Whole Chicken twin pack (2 x 1kg chickens)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 lemons quartered
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan.
- Using kitchen scissors or poultry shears, cut down either side of the backbones of chickens and discard. Open out chickens and flatten, pressing with the heel of your hand.
- Rub chicken skin with cut lemon; reserve lemons.
- Combine oil, garlic, oregano, paprika, cayenne and salt, and rub into skin. Arrange chickens skin side up in a large baking dish and add reserved lemons.
- Roast for 45 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Set aside to rest for 10 mins, then carve into pieces.
- Drizzle with reserved pan juices to serve.