- 2 red capsicum (bell peppers), seeds removed, sliced into 4cm strips
- 1 yellow capsicum (bell pepper), seeds removed, sliced into 4cm strips
- 2 tomatoes, seeds removed, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves, chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
- 4 chicken quarters (leg sections)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place the capsicum, tomato, chilli, onion and garlic in a large roasting pan. Season and drizzle with vinegar and 2 tbs olive oil, then toss to combine.
- Combine the remaining 2 tbs olive oil with the rosemary and oregano, and rub over the chicken, then season well.
- Place chicken on top of the capsicum mixture and bake for 1 hour or until the skin is golden and meat is cooked through.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with extra oregano leaves.