This flavorsome, low-fat casserole freezes really well, so why not make double and freeze half for next time.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 thyme sprigs or ½ tsp dried
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
- 600ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 x 400g cans haricot (white) beans, drained
- Chopped parsley, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the chicken, then fry until lightly browned.
- Add the veg, then fry for a few mins more.
- Stir in the herbs and stock. Bring to the boil. Stir well, reduce the heat, then cover and cook for 40 mins, until the chicken is tender.
- Stir the beans into the pan, then simmer for 5 mins.
- Stir in the parsley and serve.